US Nasdaq stock alert
Morning Alert: lululemon athletica inches higher, resistance at 12-day EMA 18 January 2018 11:11 EST
NEWS BITES - NORTH AMERICA
lululemon athletica Inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) has increased 0.2% but fell short of the 12-day Exponential Moving Average [EMA] of $US78.28.
Fundamental measures by comparison with the sector average [in brackets] indicate:
Return on Equity 22.3% [19.9%]
Return on Assets 18.3% [5.6%]
Return on Capital Employed 29.9% [15.7%]
Year-on-Year Earnings Growth of 16.9% [9.5%]
Total Liabilities/EBITDA of 0.7 is comfortably below the Joseph Piotroski benchmark of <5.
Price/Earnings of 38.6 [34.0]
Price/Earnings/Growth of 7.15 [3.6]
Price/Sales of 3.9 [0.8]
SECTION 1: Ranking
|Description||Value||Rank In Market|
|MCap $US billion||9.8||In Top 8%|
|Price/MAP200||1.29||In Top Quartile|
|52-week Range (in $US)||47.3-81.9|
|1-month Range (in $US)||76.0-81.9|
SECTION 2: Earnings
FY2017 Annual Report: lululemon athletica keeps rising: EPS up 33.1% in 2 years
lululemon athletica (NASDAQ:LULU), announced EPS of $US2.21 for the year-ended 29 January 2017, up 16.9% from $US1.89 in the previous year. In the last two years EPS has grown by 33.1%.
Major changes compared with previous year:
- Net profit up 14% from $US266.0m to $US303.4m
- Total revenue up 13.9% from $US2.1b to $US2.3b
- EPS up 16.9% from $US1.89 to $US2.21
- Cost of Goods Sold to Sales down from 51.6% to 48.8%
- Current ratio up 18.4% from 4.1 to 4.8
- Working capital to total assets up from 52.6% to 55.6%
- Future income tax benefit to Total Assets up from 0.9% to 1.6%
- Total Liabilities to EBITDA of 0.7 compares favourably with the Joseph Piotroski benchmark of less than 5. This ratio has improved by 10.3% from the previous year's ratio of 0.8.
- Total Liabilities to Operating Cash Flow of 0.8 compares favourably with the Joseph Piotroski benchmark of less than 4. This ratio has improved by 19.8% from the previous year's ratio of 1.0.
- Net tangible assets per share up 36.5% from $US7.13 to $US9.73
- EBIT to total assets down from 28.0% to 25.5%
- Total revenue to total assets down from 1.6 to 1.4
- Sales and marketing expenses to Sales up from 30.5% to 33.2%
- Fixed Assets to Total Assets down from 26.6% to 25.5%
- EBIT Margin steady at 18.0%
- Profit before tax to Sales up from 17.9% to 18%
- Tax expenses to Sales up from 5% to 5.1%
- Total liabilities to Total assets steady at 0.2
- Retained earnings to total assets steady at 78.1%
- Total current assets to Total Assets up from 69.8% to 70.1%
- Total non-current assets to Total Assets down from 30.2% to 29.9%
- Current Inventory to Total Assets down from 21.6% to 18%
SECTION 3: Recent News of lululemon athletica
January 08: lululemon athletica inc. Updates Guidance for Fourth Quarter of Fiscal 2017 Ahead of Presentation at the ICR Conference
VANCOUVER, British Columbia---- lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) today announced that the Company is updating its net revenue and earnings guidance for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017 ending January 28, 2018.
For the fourth quarter, we now anticipate that net revenue will be in the range of $905 million to $915 million based on a total comparable sales increase in the high single digits on a constant dollar basis.
January 03: Gridsum Signs lululemon athletica as New Client
BEIJING, Jan. 3, 2018 -- Gridsum Holding Inc. ("Gridsum" or the "Company") (NASDAQ:GSUM), a leading provider of cloud-based big-data analytics and artificial intelligence ("AI") solutions in China, today announced that it has signed lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) ("lululemon") as a new client.
lululemon is significantly scaling its business in China.
December 19 2017: lululemon athletica inc. Announces Participation in the ICR Conference 2018
VANCOUVER, British Columbia---- lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) today announced that the Company will be presenting at the ICR Conference 2018 held at The Grand LakesOrlando in Orlando, Florida on Monday, January 8, 2018 at 11:00 am Eastern Time. Stuart Haselden, Chief Operating Officer, will host the presentation.
The audio portion of the presentation will be webcast live at www.lululemon.com.
December 06 2017: lululemon athletica inc. Announces Third Quarter Fiscal 2017 Results
Board of Directors Authorizes $200 Million Stock Repurchase Program
VANCOUVER, British Columbia---- lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) today announced financial results for the third quarter ended October 29, 2017.
The Company reported diluted earnings per share of $0.43 for the third quarter of fiscal 2017.
November 22 2017: Daily Technical Summary Reports on Textile Stocks -- Hanesbrands, Under Armour, V.F. Corp., and Lululemon Athletica
NEW YORK, Nov. 22, 2017 -- If you want a Stock Review on HBI, UAA, VFC, or LULU then come over to http://dailystocktracker.com/register/ and sign up for your free customized report. Today's research on DailyStockTracker.com is centered on the Textile Apparel Clothing space, which comprises companies that are engaged in the design, development, and production of apparel and accessories.
lululemon athletica Inc. (O:LULU)