Japanese stock alert
Morning Alert: Kimuratan hits 52-week low Twenty-second time in one month 27 July 2017 10:56 JST
NEWS BITES - JAPAN
Kimuratan Corporation (TO:8107) hit a 52-week low of JPY6.0 earlier today for the 22nd time in the past one month, but later rebounded higher to JPY7.0.
SECTION 1: Technical indicators
The negative 0.02 MACD (Moving Average Convergence Divergence) indicator suggests a bearish signal (12-day minus 26-day Exponential Moving Averages). Both the 12-day and the 26-day EMA are falling - another bearish signal. In the past week, the stock's MACD has been negative in three days, a reinforcing bearish signal.
The stock has underperformed 75% of the Japan market over the past 6 months.
In the last one month the stock has hit a new 52-week low twenty-one times and in the last three months forty-two times, pointing to a significant downtrend.
Fundamental measures by comparison with the sector average [in brackets] indicate:
Price/Sales of 1.5 [0.7]
Price to Book of 4.9 [1.3]
The stock is at a discount of 12.5% to the 12-month high of JPY8.0 on 25 May, 2017. It is also at a premium of 16.7% to the 12-month low of JPY6.0 on 27 Jul, 2017.
In the last three months the stock has hit a new 52-week high eighteen times, pointing to a significant uptrend.
SECTION 2: Ranking
|Description||Value||Rank In Market|
|MCap $US million||55||In Bottom Quartile|
|52-week Range (in JPY)||6.0-8.0|
|1-month Range (in JPY)||6.0-7.0|
|Price/MAP200||0.99||In Bottom Quartile|
|Today's Volatility %||16.7||In Bottom 1%|
SECTION 3: Earnings
Annual Report: Kimuratan reports Loss of JPY327m ($US2.9m)
Kimuratan (TO:8107) reported loss for the year-ended 31 March 2017 of JPY327m ($US2.9m).
Major changes compared with previous year:
- Total revenue to total assets up from 1.5 to 1.8
- Interest expenses to Sales down from 0.3% to 0.2%
- Debt to Equity down 9.1% from 0.6 to 0.5
- Current Debtors to Total Assets up from 18.6% to 22.9%
- Total non-current assets to Total Assets up from 6.6% to 7.2%
- Loss of JPY327.0m ($US2.9m)
- EBIT Margin of -7.5%
- Operating Cash Flow is negative
- Sales and marketing expenses to Sales up from 56.7% to 58.8%
- Current ratio down 20.4% from 3.1 to 2.5
- Working capital to total assets down from 63.1% to 55.1%
- Cash to Total Assets down from 32% to 11.7%
- Cost of Goods Sold to Sales down from 48.6% to 48.2%
- Total liabilities to Total assets steady at 0.4
- Total current assets to Total Assets down from 93.4% to 92.7%
- Current Inventory to Total Assets up from 41.2% to 56.8%
SECTION 4: Recent News of Kimuratan
June 02: Kimuratan announces AGM
Kimuratan has announced its Annual General Meeting will take place on Friday, June 23.
Kimuratan Corporation (TO:8107; TYO:8107; T:8107; JP:8107)